Karen Sloat of the Law Office of Karen J. Sloat, APC presents the information you need to know now. Governor Newsom just signed several bills and California state labor laws changed dramatically. Understand the new requirements and hear some excellent tips on how to become aware and protect your business. Learn about:
- New COVID laws require employer reports by October 17, 2020 for any positive cases in the workplace between 7.6.20 and 9.17.20!
- New law protects workers’ jobs during 12-24 weeks of leave per year, for businesses with 5 or more employees!
- New laws change paystub information and record-keeping for all employers!
- New law provides government attorneys for claimants in Labor Commissioner hearings and requires employers to reimburse a claimant’s legal fees!
- New laws may require employers to provide benefits to their “independent” contractor workers!
Karen J. Sloat is an AV-Rated (Preeminent) attorney and owner of the Law Office of Karen J. Sloat, APC in Palm Desert, California. With a background of over 30 years of experience, Ms. Sloat and her team focus on labor and employment law, and nonprofit representation. The firm’s legal services include representation of clients in litigation; H.R. counseling; employment handbooks, policies and forms (in English and Spanish); wage and hour compliance tools; and Board and management training.