Virtual ribbon cuttings are ideal for businesses who have limited physical space or who are not able to accommodate groups with social distancing. Virtual ribbon cuttings include: A chamber staff member to facilitate the ceremony via Facebook live, large scissors and ribbon, video to be shared on the Chamber’s various social media platforms. Contact Info@RanchoMirage.org to schedule a day and time.
Virtual Ribbon Cuttings are available for grand openings, new businesses (first year), businesses celebrating a milestone event, and businesses who are in their first year of membership.
We recommend to schedule your Virtual Ribbon Cutting early in the day and to include a “call to action” to encourage chamber and community members to contact/visit your business throughout the day/week in lieu of gathering at a designated time.
- Grand Opening (with in 1 year of opening)
- Milestone Anniversary (10 years or more)
- New Location
- New Owner
The Chamber will provide…
- A staff member or Ambassador to facilitate your ceremony
- Large ceremonial scissors and ribbon
- Your event listed on social media and in weekly e-newsletter
- E-mailed event invitation to Chamber members
- Photo of your ribbon cutting to be posted to social media
- Additional marketing options are available for purchase
Planning your Ribbon Cutting…
- Ribbon cuttings should be planned a minimum of 4 weeks in advance.
- Ribbon cuttings are typically held Tuesday-Thursday between 9am-4pm.
- The Chamber cannot guarantee attendance at your event. From our experience, events held during standard business hours tend to have the best turn out.
- It is suggested that you consider hosting an open house in conjunction with your ribbon cutting ceremony. – Invite your clients, neighbors, family, friends and colleagues, promote your event on social media, and to other groups you may be a part of.
- Facility tours and a reception with refreshments are recommended for after the ceremony.
- If you plan to offer discounts, prizes or give-aways, make sure to let us know.
Questions? Contact the Rancho Mirage Chamber at 760.568.9351 Info@RanchoMirage.org