The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to exceed our client’s expectations for outstanding service while creating a warm and caring environment. The Administrative Assistant coordinates and supports all administrative team members in the office and ensures that the office is running smoothly.
Promote and support Right at Home’s core values of compassion, a positive attitude, respect, and excellence.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for organizing and providing support to all administrative staff and ensuring that the office is operating smoothly.
- Answers telephones, direct calls and takes messages using good telephone techniques.
- Greets and assists everyone who comes into the office in a professional and courteous manner.
- Handles income and outgoing mail.
- Keeps office supply inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for process and office management improvements and design and implement new systems.
- Provide other administrative support, as necessary.
- Data entry into Clear Care of all new clients, prospective clients, associates and vendors.
- General office duties
- Other general office and clerical functions, in addition to assisting with staffing needs.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Verbal Communications
- Communicates continually with Team Members and Clients
- Responds promptly and courteously to all Clients, Caregivers and Team Members
- Maintains integrity in every interaction with Clients, Caregivers and Team Members
- Support and abide by Right at Home’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintains documentation of all work records in ClearCare
- Ability to multi-task in a high-functioning office environment and service as a positive Team Member
- Ability to relate to Clients and Caregivers in a way that is sensitive to the unique needs of the individual.
- Other general office and clerical functions
- Maximizes efficiency and cost effectiveness in daily activities.
- Implements the policies and procedures of the company.
- Maintains compliance with applicable laws and regulations and implements corrective action in response to reports or complaints from regulatory agencies, the client or client family/representatives.
- Demonstrates consistent logic, rationality and objectivity in decision making.
- Achieves balance between quick decisiveness and slower, more thorough approaches.
- Shows common sense and anticipates consequences of decisions.
- Exhibits understanding of natural sources of conflict and acts to prevent or soften them.
- When conflicts emerge, effectively works through them to optimum outcome.
- Does not suppress, ignore, or deny conflict.
- Achieves cohesive, effective, positive, and mutually supportive team spirit with team members.
- Nurtures a positive emotional and physical work environment.
- Communicates openly and builds honest relationships that allow for differences to be constructively resolved rather than ignored, suppressed, or denied.
- Treats team members fairly and shares credit.
- Recognizes, nurtures, and positively leverages the unique talents of team members.
- Encourages team decision making.
- Provides resources, training, support, and space for team members to accomplish their daily duties.
- Is “hands on” when appropriate.
- High school graduate or equivalent with two years of business experience.
- Basic office and computer skills and organizational abilities. Excellent interpersonal relations abilities. Excellent telephone skills.
- Knowledge of common medical terminology.
- Able to work independently, demonstrating sound judgment.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Be available as required for on-call duty outside of normal office hours.
- Approved Live Scan
- Approved Fingerprinting and Criminal Background Check
- Negative TB Test
- Negative Drug Screen Testing
- Valid Driver’s License with No Major Violations in the last five years
- Current Auto Insurance Policy
- Works primarily out of the local office.
- Under the direction of the owners and upper management.
- Reports directly to the owners and upper management.
I have reviewed and understood the terms of this Job Description. I agree to comply with the terms, conditions and responsibilities contained herein.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees.
Each Right at Home office and business is independently owned and operated under a franchise agreement with Right at Home, LLC. Right at Home, LLC is not the employer or joint employer of the employees of any of its franchised offices. For comments, questions or to learn more about Right at Home, please visit www.rightathome.net.